Help Wanted ~ Help Wanted
Fairer Trade Volunteer Coordinator
Wanted ~ Volunteer Coordinator: Promoting Zapatista Fairer Trade at the Hillcrest Farmersí Market in San Diego, CA
Energetic and creative social activist needed to coordinate a volunteer-run, fairer-trade sales booth at the Farmersí Market in Hillcrest, San Diego every Sunday. This sales booth will sell products produced by small farming families in Chiapas, Mexico; proceeds to benefit the charitable work of Schools for Chiapas (www.schoolsforchiapas.org
). Responsibilities include transport, set-up, and storage of booth; creation of effective sales displays; volunteer recruitment and training; inventory control and restocking; cash accounting and weekly bank deposit; and summary reports using Google documents. Resumes due Fri., July 8; interviews July 12 - 18; one-day-a-week position begins August 8, 2010. Part time postition. Please submit resumes and references to <email@example.com
Job Description: Volunteer Coordinator for Zapatista Fairer Trade Products @ San Diego Farmersí Market
1. Joyfully, creatively, and energetically promote Zapatista fairer-trade products and the Schools for Chiapas travel programs at one farmersí market in San Diego every week.
2. Collect names, addresses, and emails of interested community members to promote the efforts of Schools for Chiapas in supporting the autonomous, indigenous communities of Chiapas, Mexico.
3. Maintain positive and supportive relations with the administration and other participants in the Farmersí Market.
4. Transport, set-up, break down, and return sales table and inventory to storage every week.
5. Recruit, train, and motivate volunteers to work at the Farmersí Market sales tables.
6. Manage cash flow and maintain a computerized inventory system for every sales day at the farmersí market.
7. Use Google documents to provide the Schools for Chiapas sales coordinator and the entire coordinating committee with BRIEF weekly summaries on community outreach, volunteer recruitment, sales income, and inventory restocking.
Beginning @ $80 to $100 per week; regular raises based on sales successes and donations. Submit resumes, references, and inquiry letters to <firstname.lastname@example.org
> by July 8.www.schoolsforchiapas.org www.escuelasparachaipas.org